Thursday 22 January 2015

JYC2014 for Deer & Fawn Designs

Hi there, I'm here with you today with my very last post for Deer & Fawn. I have had so much fun playing with the goodies from the store and Debbie has been awesome to "work" for. If you are thinking about applying for a Deer Designer spot you so should!! All of the details can be found here.

Today I am sharing with you some 3" x 4" cards that I have pulled together using almost exclusively the "Say Cheese" range by Simple Stories. I ADORE this collection and have been undecided since it was 1st released (I am not a Mickey Mouse fan!!) so was thrilled when I received it as part of my DT box of goodies.

I started by cutting up all the 6" x 6" papers I thought I could/would/might like to use for my "Journal Your Christmas" album for 2014. For more info on this class head on over to Shimelle.com. I haven't got very far with it but have made a start and days 1-8 have the journalling and the cards done :) And I will add here that as much as I would love to take credit for these cards, they are adapted from the class material with my own supplies and few changes here and there, they were designed by the very talented Shimelle ;)


As I said I did mostly use the "Say Cheese" range but I have also added in some Heidi Swapp Gold Colour Shine, gold sequins, the star dies, a couple of punches and 3 rolls of washi from my stash.


Here are some close ups of the cards



I started here with a plain white pieces of 3" x 4" cardstock from my stash. I have inked all around the edges with some walnut stain distress ink. I've simply punched out the scalloped circles using the 2" x 6" offcuts from the papers, added the cut stars, the sequins and sewn straight over the top.


Paper from the 6" x 6" paper pad. More punches/die cuts, some gold mist, twine and stamping.


More paper from the pad. Washi, gold mist, a label punch and some enamel dots from the store - this colour tied in perfectly with the aqua/blue in the range!!


Started with another 3" x4" paper from the pad I had cut down. Washi, ephemera pieces and stickers from the store and some die cuts.


And of course, more paper from the paper pad! Stickers and diecuts from the store (that hello magic was actually a speech bubble, I just snipped off the little tail ;) ), washi and twine.


Mostly bits from my stash but that base card is another of the 6" x 6" papers cut down to size.


Again, paper from the pad cut down. Stickers from the store, a gold Studio Calico camera from the store and those perfect little enamel dots also from the store :)



This piece is a little different in that I heat embossed some clear sparkly embossing powder onto some plain white cardstock to get that glittery star in the back ground - I LOVE it!! Again, paper from the pad and stickers from the store along with some washi, die cuts and punched pieces. 



I hope you have enjoyed seeing my cards so far and though I am aware it is WAY past Christmas I am truly hoping to get this project finished before June!!



I have had so much fun playing with the goodies from the store!! Thank you Debbie for having me on board and for you tremendous understanding over December. 

Honestly, if you are thinking about applying for a Deer spot, you should so do it!!



Melinda

xx



1 comment:

  1. I love these cards that you've made! What a great idea to use clear sparkly embossing powder to make your sparkly star. Had to make sure I pinned them for future reference!

    ReplyDelete