Tuesday 14 July 2015

July with Dusty Attic

Hi there! Melinda here with you today with my share for July.

I have spent the past 5 weeks or so sick and with zero motivation so I have just the one project to share this month but I must say, I am very happy with how it turned out!!

First off, I would like to share that my inspiration for this whole layout actually came from a piece of chippy that I had coloured a few months ago but decided not to use which was this piece:


I didn't realise as I prepped the rest of my pieces but I actually sprayed this without 1st coating in gesso so it is a slightly different colour to the rest of my pieces but you can't really tell!!

I have used both Citron and Teal colour shine sprays to colour up all my pieces after I gessoed them and then used those colours to pull cards and some other bits and pieces which most ended up coming from the gorgeous Heidi Swapp September Skies range with a couple of the teal glitter buzz word stickers also finding their way onto the spread. I also added some of those pops of navy that are in the collection. After all the chippy was coloured and dried I applied a quick coat of the Dusty Attic clear varnish :)

So, enough with the chatter onto the good stuff


Here is the double spread. I wasn't able to get that lime green to photograph as bright as it is in real life but I hope to be working on a light box of some sort with hubby very soon!!


The left side and the colours a little better :)








Some close up's of all the chippy pieces - I just love, love, love those little butterflies, they are so very cute!!


And here is the right side. Including 2 more of those flip pockets that I just LOVE!!


The top flip opened - I would say sorry for the change in photo quality but it is actually better!! I realised as I was uploading that I hadn't snapped a couple of pics! 


This photo is on the inside of the top flip pocket - on the left of the above photo.






An extra close up of this little cluster cause I really love how it turned out!!


The inside of the bottom 6x6 flip pocket




And one last close up!!

Dusty chippy used:



I also just wanted to share with you what I did with my overspray when I sprayed my chippy cause I am so happy with how it turned out!!


All I did was lay all my chippy pieces across the pages and spray away!! I had already prepared the pages with a coat of gesso so the colour didn't get sucked in by the paper straight away which gave me enough time to move my chippies, add a bit more colour, some water, tip it up, then add some more colour, then the navy colour shine, then some more water, then tip it etc, etc, etc until I ended up with this!! I totally LOVE it! I have no idea what I am going to add next but after lots of experimenting I discovered that I could seal the colour shine by 1st applying a coat of hair spray, letting that dry overnight then applying a coat of clear gesso!! Thanks to Jen for the tip about the hair spray ;)

So, on that note that's it for me for today! I hope you like my pages, I had lots of fun playing!! I hope to have a much more productive July than I did June!!

Make sure you join in the fun of the Dusty Attic inspiration board this month for your chance at the $100.00 voucher for lots of yummy chippy goodies!!




Happy Scrapping!
Mel
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment