Tuesday 21 July 2015

Tiddly Inks Challenge #162 - Summer Song

Hi there Tiddly friends!!

Here today to share my take on the new challenge, "Summer Song".

I came to my image in a very round-about way but hey, it's what came to me!!

We are in the middle of Winter here in Australia at the moment and it is COLD - well, cold for here ;) so it was harder for me to come up with something for this challenge than it normally is!! 

My song was "Land Down Under" by Men At Work. This song makes me think of our beautiful country every time I hear it (I hear you say, "Well, der!!") which makes me think of sunshine, warmth, summer, days at the beach and BBQ's so I ended up using the gorgeous "Wryn the BBQ Queen" and love how this card turned out. Obviously, as the sentiment suggests, I am going to use this a Father's Day card, we celebrate in September here!

Enough with the chatter and onto the card


I ended up doing another mixed media background which mostly ended up covered because, to be honest, I was not 100% happy with it but I am happy with end result! As always this little beauty was coloured with my copics and I have just pulled papers from my offcuts.


And the ever so gorgeous Wryn!

The copic colours I used:
Skin: E000, E00, E21, E11, E04 and R20
Hair: E11, E13, E15 and E18
Apron Blue: B91, B93, B95, B97 and B99 Orange: YR000, YR14 and YR18
Dress/Shoes/BBQ and BBQ Tools: C1, C3, C5 and C7
Sausages and Patties: E55, E57, E59 and E29
Grounding: W1, W3 and W5
Sky: B000, B01 and B02

That's it for me for today, so, as always, thanks for stopping by and make sure you stop by the challenge blog to see all the other gorgeous makes by the other very talented girls on the DT!!

Happy scrapping and see you soon!!

Mel
xx

2 comments:

  1. Love it Mel, great card and very apt for an Aussie to have a BBQ!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You knocked Lou's Alice Cooper song outta my head with yours. :-) Fantastic card! Loving the colours and your mixed media background!

    ReplyDelete