Wednesday 14 November 2018

CUT to YOU | Love You | A Scrapbook Layout

Hey everyone and happy hump day!

Another day and another share :D Today I am waving the CUT to YOU flag with this very soft and pretty page I created with one of Gwen's new files.



This beauty can be found in digital format in the store and also as a limited number of custom cuts in the store so head over and check it out - it is truly stunning!

Here is the page I created using the Wedding Bouquet as my main feature on the page.



I have used a bunch of different Cocoa Vanilla Studios papers to back the file and made sure to pick all the very pretty and soft patterns and colours for the look I was going for on this page. Oh, it is so, so pretty, even if I do say so myself!!



I have gone a little mixed media mad on the background and I have used a couple of Shimmers watercolour paints to create my background after I applied 2 quick coats of white gesso using a dry paint brush. 



The pink is Creameez in Piggy Pink and the gold is a Shimmerz in Candlelight. 



I started with the packaging technique with the pink and then quickly swapped to just painting the colour on with my brush.



You can see my whole process (minus the backing of the cut file) in the process video below, just click on that play button!





I kept the embellishing very simple, a small doily, a tag, a glassine bag and a few small punched gold glitter hearts as I really wanted that cut file to sing!



I added some alpha stickers to my photo for my title, hand wrote my journalling on the tag and slipped that into the glassine bag to finish off my page. 

I really love how that cut file pops off the page with all of those very pretty, soft colours.

I hope you have enjoyed and until next time, happy scrapping!!

Melinda
x


No comments:

Post a Comment