Thursday 1 November 2018

Scrap The Boys | November 2018 | You + Me | A Scrapbook Layout

Hey, hey and happy November! Oh my goodness, yes I wrote that correctly, November!!! How?! Dear time, please slow down!

Ok, now I am breathing again today I am here to share my first DT make for the month and it is, of course, for Scrap The Boys.


Do you love the simplicity of this?! And the fact that perhaps you have a photo of one of your guys with you or another loved girl that you have permission to use this month?!? Haha! I decided months ago, when this photo was taken (in June!) that I was using this photo for this challenge and here is my page!


I have used another of the awesome cut files designed by Gwen over at CUT to YOU. In fact, it was one I used on a page I shared just last week but looks very different today! You can pick up the digi version here and the custom cut here.


I have a process video up if you're keen to see how this page came together just click on the play button below.


And a shameless plug for myself - I have set myself a goal to reach 1000 subbies by end of year so if you are not yet a subbie I would for you to head on over to my YT channel and hit that subscribe button if you like what you have seen today!

Ok, now back to the page! A photo of hubby and I all dressed up and celebrating the "end" of the fire season.


I've used my Kuetake Gansai Tambi water colours to colour the heart (and if you watch the process video you will see that my end design is NOT what I had planned to start with - see it morph lol!) and matched the colours as best I could to the gorgeous Vicki Boutin All The Good Things collection as I knew I wanted to embellish with that range.

I've used a few ephemera flowers and a couple of the paper clip thingies and I really love how this page ended up!


Here are a couple more close ups.



I hope I have inspired you to play along with the November challenge at Scrap The Boys and remember to head over the STB blog to check out the amazing work from the rest of the team and to load up your own entry!

Until next time, happy scrapping!
Mel
x

No comments:

Post a Comment