Saturday 24 February 2018

{Colour Blast} Amazing Things ~ A Scrapbook Layout

Hello, hello, hello and happy Saturday to you!

Today I am sharing my take on this months Colour Blast challenge, rainbows!! Here is a sneaky peek!


And here is the actual challenge!


I also have a process video that you can watch right from your browser, just click on the play button!


And off we go with the step by steps!!


I started with Bazzill Marshmallow cardstock, grey archival ink, a stamp, Snow White Colour Paste and a 12x12 stencil. The stars of course ;)


Stamping first! The stamp actually reads "Tired of trying to cram her sparkly star shaped self into into society's beige square holes, she chose to embrace her ridiculous awesomeness and shine like the freaking supernova she was meant to be." I did lots of messy stamping in the background and let dry.


Next I grabbed my stencil, Colour Paste and a little washi to make sure I only got what I wanted! I actually did 2 applications to make the stars a little more random at the top and bottom of the pattern so after the first application was dry I re-positioned the stencil and applied more paste.


I have done this technique similarly before but last time I used hearts and my watercolours. This time I pulled out my Colour Shimmer Cubes/Pots in all the colours of the rainbow. Let me adjust that, the colours I own in the rainbow. Add in Colour Spray in Indigo and Violet and I have the whole rainbow!! You could, of course, do this very same thing with either just the Colour Sprays or the Colour Shimmer Sprays depending on the intensity of colour and sparkle you are after.

I activated all of my colours which are from L to R:
Punch, Tangereen Dream, Sunshine, Envy and Singin The Blues.
Then activated my Snow White Colour Shimmer Pot.
I sprayed both the Indigo and Violet Colour Shimmer Sprays straight onto my work surface and mixed in some of the Snow White to give those flat colours some shimmer, swoon!!!


I grabbed a paint brush and some water and off I went. I did start in the middle with Envy and then did the warm colours letting them spread and mix a tiny bit then let that dry and finished off with the cool colours. 


The colour and shimmer here is absolutely GORGEOUS!


I, of course, had to add splatters! I used the same brush and the same colours and off I went! So pretty and so me!!


I popped that aside to dry naturally and pulled all my layers and photo together and came up with my title.


Time to stick it all down! I did pull out my entire Glitter Girl collection (hello rainbows!) and tried to find all the colours in the collection and add them to their matching colour in the background.

My title is a real push for me to even use however, I am struggling a little personally and a little self love goes a very long way so I ran with it! And my journalling reflects exactly what I've just written!



I added a tiny touch of detail to the top right and bottom left of the page using scraps that I had experimented with colours on before I started this page and a tiny strip of washi on each.

I love how this page came together - I do love a good old rainbow - and I feel like it was just the therapy I needed right now ;)


Some of you with a super keen eye would have noticed that the step-by-steps photo's of that rainbow coming together are different to what is on the scrapbook page - you are not going crazy! I forgot to get some step-by-steps (creativity took over!) so I re-did the paste and the rainbow and used my "demo" to make a card!! 

Make sure you play along with our challenge this month - just load up your entries over in the Colour Blast Creative Corner FB group, you could win a store voucher!!

Until next time, happy scrapping and take care of YOU!!


Melinda
x

No comments:

Post a Comment