Saturday 10 February 2018

{Colour Blast} Kisses Emmy?! ~ A Scrapbook Layout

Hey, hey and happy Saturday!! I am here sharing my latest make for Colour Blast and be warned, this a super bright and fun page!! 

With this page I am telling a bit of a cute & funny story about my big boy and my baby nephew!! My big boy is OBSESSED!! Which, of course, is ADORABLE! On Christmas Day when my sister and her family showed up Jacob totally doted all over his cousin. After most people left Jacob hogged him on the couch and asked him repeatedly for kisses and as we all know kisses from an 8 month old are open mouthed with grabby hands!! But Jacob sat and giggled through it all, he LOVED his cousin's undivided attention!

Enough chatter and here is my page



And my process video


And now, some step-by-steps!!



I grabbed this piece of white card stock (no gesso or anything) that I had previously used to “clean” some stamps from another project and added some more of the same stamp but bigger using my stamping tool (it’s the only stamp block I have big enough for the biggest stitched circle lol) using Versafine black ink. 

Next I activated 2 of my Colour Shimmer Dusts - Amber and Sunflower by adding a little water and some more powder to my little paint palette. 



With my activated colour I used a paintbrush and painted a few of the circles using a fair amount of water to let the colour drip when I tipped the page up. I did dry each circle as I went because I was working on an un-gessoed background and the card stock copes well enough with what I was doing but I wouldn’t want to add to much more water!

Time to build my layers. I pulled out all the yellow and orange ephemera pieces from the collection I was using along with a couple of black & white pieces also. 

At this point I decided to add a bit more to the background. More stamping with black ink. 



And some splatters! I used my pipette (I wanted bigger splats!) and both of the same Colour Shimmer Dusts again - Amber and Sunflower. I also used a paint brush to add lots of little splatters of the Sunflower. I love how using only 2 colours I get so many different variations of the same colour, even in the splatters! I found the Sunflower dried more mustard-y when I dried it with the heat tool and more yellow when I let it air dry!


Time to stick it all down!




And work on my title! I picked some resist alphas and used my Midnight Colour Shimmer Dust to paint them black and also to add some splatters all around my page - remembering to cover my photo!!


I added my journalling and date and my page was done!


I am so pleased with how this came together and would like to share that I got the idea of colouring my circles - I hadn't got that far in my design idea when I stamped a couple of weeks ago - from the talented Marta from Maremi SmallArt on YT.


And here are some close up's of the finished page! I tried REALLY hard to get the shimmer of the dusts but it's tricky to catch on the camera!














I did start this page KNOWING I was challenging myself to use some different colours to what has become my standard choice over the last little while and LOVE the brightness and shimmer I got using the Colour Shimmer Dusts!!


Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you again later in the month!


Melinda
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment